When I was a little girl, I didn’t care for lemons. Whenever my mom would sneak a bit of citrus peel into a recipe, my dad would complain that it tasted like garbage pail. So I turned my nose up as well.
My parents were friends with a couple that lived in the area. They had a lovely house and a little white dog. Sometimes when we went for visits, Mary Lee would make us a batch of lemonade. I didn’t care if I was supposed to hate lemons, I loved that lemonade.
It was the perfect amount of sweetness, and so refreshing.
“I usually don’t like lemonade, but this is good!” I would tell her.
I never did ask her for her lemonade recipe – I was far too young to be concerned with making food. But I decided to experiment with a homemade recipe (Reuben is a huge lemonade fan), and hit on the right combination first try.
More Beverage Recipes:
- Blood Orange Lemonade
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Strawberry Milk
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Homemade Cream Sodas
- Homemade Frappuccino
Homemade Lemonade Recipe
This homemade lemonade is super easy to throw together for a party!
- 3 1/3 cups cold water divided,
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice from 4-5 small lemons,
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup water and sugar to a boil. Pour the simple syrup into a heat-proof 4-cup pitcher.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water and lemon juice and stir well. Chill before serving, or serve over ice cubes.
adapted from epicurious
NOTE: Some links are affiliate. All opinions are my own.