This post, entitled Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, was originally posted on March 14, 2011 on Cooking for Seven. I still think this is an awesome recipe, so I’m re-posting here. Enjoy!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 twelve-ounce bags bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans chopped coarse
- 1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2) Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer set to medium-high. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- 3) In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips & nuts.
- 4) Place golf ball sized pieces of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, or just until the edges and bottoms begin to brown.
- 5) Allow to cool on the cookie sheets a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Mrs. Fields’ recipe