And so I felt that I should share this recipe with ya’ll again. It will forever be my favorite granola.
The Best Granola Recipe
A basic granola recipe that doesn't taste basic!
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of shredded or chipped coconut
- 1 cup nuts of choice coarsely chopped (I love pecans)
- 1/4 teaspoon real salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruits cranberries, cherries, apricots, raisins, dates, etc., optional (I usually leave these out)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, nuts, and salt.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove from heat and stir in the honey, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together, making sure all of the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and baking in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir the granola every 10 minutes and rotate the pan halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once the granola is completely cool you may stir in the dried fruit. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the refrigerator or freezer for longer storage.
adapted from Joy of Baking