All of the components of a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich come together in this BLT Salad recipe!
One of my favorite summer meals is a good BLT sandwich. We ate them loads growing up, and we never got sick of them.
One slightly annoying thing about BLTs, however, is how messy they are. I’m not trying to make a dig at BLTs, don’t get me wrong. But one thing I will say for this BLT salad is, it’s easier to eat! Plus you’re getting in more veggies, so it makes you feel better about your meal choice. ?
BLT Salad Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this salad: Romaine lettuce, croutons (homemade are awesome!), ranch dressing (try my easy homemade ranch dressing – bonus points if you use baconnaise!), cherry tomatoes, bacon, and soft boiled eggs. The eggs are somewhat optional, since they aren’t a part of a traditional BLT. However, we really like to add eggs to our salads, and they’re an extra boost of protein. If you’re baking this BLT salad as an entree, I’d definitely recommend adding the eggs.
You want a high proportion of croutons in this salad. After all, they’re replacing the toast part of the BLT. Also, I recommend cooking your bacon until it’s crispy. I personally don’t like limp bacon on my salad. One of my favorite bacons is the Garrett Valley sugar free bacon, and also their organic bacon. I also really like ButcherBox bacon (which you can add on to your order if you so wish).
Ranch dressing isn’t an absolute must. You can substitute your personal favorite dressing if you prefer. I’ll bet an avocado dressing would be delicious.
What dressing would YOU use on this BLT salad?
More Salad Recipes:
- Arugula, Avocado, and Blood Orange Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- Thai Peanut Salmon Salad
- Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad
All of the components of a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich in salad form!
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (see note)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 soft boiled eggs (see note)
- 3 cups croutons (see note)
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- ranch dressing, for serving (see note)
Divide the toppings between 4 serving bowls. Drizzle with ranch dressing to taste. Serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of lettuce to your taste.
- Here's my favorite method for cooking soft boiled eggs.
- You can use my homemade croutons recipe if you like.
- Use my easy homemade ranch dressing, or store-bought.
Tuesday 24th of September 2019
My husband loves BLTs. I will make this very soon. Thanks.
Monday 30th of September 2019
Hope you enjoy, Mimsie!