Pumpkin Pie Pudding Recipe
Skip the pie and go straight for the good stuff with this Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1/4 cup cornstarch preferably organic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree homemade or canned
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg for serving
1) In a medium heat-proof bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Slowly whisk in the milk and cream. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
2) Temper the whisked eggs by slowly whisking in about half of the hot milk mixture. Pour into saucepan and return to heat. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and whisk in the pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into a heat-proof storage container (I used a large glass bowl).
4) Let cool a bit then press plastic wrap onto the surface to keep the pudding from developing a skin. Let cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator. Serve with plenty of whipped cream and a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg.
Adapted from Health.com