It’s Christmas week!
I can’t believe December has rushed along so quickly. I feel like I haven’t eaten nearly enough festive food or listened to enough Christmas carols.
Also, I have some last-minute shopping to do. How about you?
This Gingerbread Dutch Baby is absolutely divine. The spices aren’t overwhelming, but more than subtle.
Helen and I absolutely adored it. We ate it all between the two of us (with breaks). I groaned as I took bite after bite. Nom.
This would be perfect for an easy Christmas morning breakfast!
Gingerbread Dutch Baby Pancake
This gingerbread Dutch baby is perfect for Christmas breakfast!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon organic light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic unsulfured, blackstrap molasses,
- 1/3 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- extra butter + confectioner's sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 C).Place eggs in blender and blend until pale. Add sugar, molasses, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and milk and blend until smooth.
- In a 9-10-inch skillet, melt the butter. Swirl it up the sides of the pan. Pour in the batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking at the 12-minute mark.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with extra butter. A dollop of whipped cream would make this even more amazing...
adapted slightly from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook