This coconut flour banana bread is gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, and is sweetened only with bananas!
I thought that it was plenty sweet without the added sugar.
How has YOUR health been this spring?
COCONUT FLOUR BANANA BREAD
This coconut flour banana bread is gluten-free and grain-free and is sweetened only with bananas!
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas from about 3 medium yellow bananas with a few brown spots
- 6 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter melted (ghee or coconut oil for paleo)
- 1/4 cup whole milk coconut milk for paleo
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon real salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease and line a loaf pan (mine was 4.25x7.25-inches) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: bananas, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Sift the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Wait a minute or two, and give it another whisk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. This could take anywhere from 45-70 minutes. Start checking every 5 minutes after the 45-minute mark.
- Remove from oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. Let cool until warm before slicing (if you can wait that long). Serve with butter.
adapted from Colorful Eats