Sometimes, you just KNOW a recipe is going to be good before you make it. Some combinations of ingredients are just hard to mess up. I mean, how could Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms be bad?!
These were far, far from bad. I wanted to eat the whole pan by myself. But I selflessly shared them with Helen, Susan (her cousin) and Reuben. They all enjoyed them.
I think these would be a smashing appetizer for just about any occasion. You could make them up beforehand and pop them into the oven at the last minute. Just be sure to make lots - they'll be gone in a flash.
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen
Makes 3 servings
- 10 baby bella mushrooms
- 4 ounces (half a package) of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste (I didn't need any)
- 1/4 cup finely diced pepperoni (I like this brand)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped black olives.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
Wash and dry your mushrooms. Scoop out the stems with a spoon. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper (if using), pepperoni, green pepper, onion and black olives. Make sure everything is well combined.
Fill and mound each of the mushrooms with the filling. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until nicely browned. You can also place them under the broiler for a minute or two to brown the tops. Serve hot (they cool down quickly).