Sparkling Strawberry Jasmine Green Iced Tea
- 1 pint fresh strawberries washed and hulled
- 1/2-3/4 cups sweetener of choice I used evaporated cane juice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 5 green tea bags Jasmine scented or regular
- 2 1/2 cups sparkling water
- Ice cubes for serving
- 1) Place the tea bags in a heat-proof bowl. Place 2 1/2 cups of water in a tea kettle and bring to a boil. Pour over the tea bags and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes. Remove bags and discard.
- 2) Meanwhile, place the strawberries in a blender and puree until completely smooth. Place in a small saucepan with the sweetener and heat over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- 3) Pour the strawberry puree into a heat-proof pitcher along with the tea and stir. Place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- 4) Just before serving, pour the sparkling water into the iced tea. Taste and adjust the amount of water if needed. Serve over ice cubes.
adapted from Sprinkled With Flour
Linking up at Party Wave