I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is next week already!
We have had such a mild November. Highs in the 50s and 60s. It feels more like October! It just doesn’t seem that I’ve been able to squeeze in enough pumpkin desserts before Turkey Day.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get your pumpkin fix, this custard is definitely the ticket. All you need to do is whisk together the custard ingredients, pour into ramekins, and bake until set. Serve with nutmeg whipped cream and a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg on top and this will seem like a fancy dessert.
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
- 11 ounces heavy cream (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, organic cane sugar, sucanat, etc.
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt